01 Nov SolaX Power system with Energy Storage
Hybrid inverters are the solution created to optimize PV system operations by increasing self-consumption and providing backup electric power when the utility grid is not energised.
In September, our technical team took part in the SolaX Power product training. In this article, we would like to share what we have learnt regarding the features of the new SolaX Hybrid inverters.
SolaX Power Company
The SolaX Power company released their first X-Hybrid inverter in 2013 which was the world’s first hybrid inverter. Two years later, Europe’s first three-phase hybrid high voltage inverter was released. Today SolaX Power is recognised in numerous markets as a producer of the most efficient solar inverters on the market. You can learn more about SolaX Power on their site.
SolaX Power products for Energy Storage
The innovative X-Hybrid is an intelligent energy management system that stores surplus energy in its batteries. The X-Hybrid works by storing surplus energy in batteries for subsequent use, making it possible to utilise solar power time self-sufficiently by storing unused capacity. It converts and directs solar power to where it is needed and when it is required.
The X-Hybrid is also supplied with a built-in EPS, allowing the end-user to utilize their stored energy in the event of a power outage.
SolaX provides X1-Hybrid inverters for single-phase electrical systems and X3-Hybrid inverters for the system equipped with three phases.
The SolaX Energy storage system can operate under several work modes:
- Self-Use (default): The best option for a region with low feed-in-tariff but high energy prices. PV energy can be used to supply local load and then charge the battery. If no PV power is available, the energy from the battery can be used for local demand uses and the grid will supply it only when necessary.
- Back-Up mode: This mode is used for a region with an unstable electrical power system. The battery will always reserve a certain percentage of its capacity and only discharge it when the grid is off. The battery could be charged by the grid if needed. When the grid is off, the power will be supplied to part of the local grid, which is connected to an Emergency Power Source (EPS) output on the inverter only.
- Feed-in Priority: This mode would first supply local load and then export to the public grid as much as possible.
- Force time use: In this mode the battery would be charged by the AC power from the grid or from other inverters during the defined time period and discharge during the rest of the time.
SolaX X1 - Hybrid inverter
The X1-Hybrid inverter ranges in size from 3 to 5 kW. Inverters can perform at high efficiency up to a threshold of 97.8% with natural cooling, which makes them operate smoothly as well as quietly. Inverters are equipped with an Emergency Power Source (EPS) output which automatically supplies the power in the case of an electrical blackout. Maximum EPS AC output is 150% of the nominal inverter’s power to help power the big load during an interruption. Zero Export control could be reached with SolaX meter.
The X1-Hybrid inverter requires a minimum of 1 piece of Triple power battery (1 Master) to operate properly.
SolaX X3 - Hybrid inverter
The X3-Hybrid inverters range from 5 to 10kW in size. These inverters have all the features of the X1-Hybrid, it is also able withstand the installation of up to 10 pieces of X3-Hybrid inverters in parallel, scalable battery storage for commercial applications.
With a parallel operation in place, a scaled-up system of 100 kW with up to 230kWh battery storage capacity could be installed. Zero Export control could be reached with SolaX meter and the power level on every single phase could be adjusted to meet the local demand without exporting to the grid.
SolaX TRIPLE POWER battery - LFP
The Triple Power battery offers a 5.8kWh model that could be installed in series with up to 4 batteries enabling 23kWh of storage. The Triple Power encompasses the very latest in LFP technology which ensures much safer installations with wider temperature tolerances. With a 10-year warranty and 90% depth of discharge, the new Triple Power battery is a flexible, practical, high-performance energy storage solution.
SolaX Cloud provides customers with a platform that can monitor SolaX inverter data and set it remotely 24/7. The inverter connects the system through Pocket Wifi, Pocket Lan, Pocket GPRS, Pocket 4G and Ethernet direct connection, and can upload the operation data to SolaX Cloud every 5 minutes. You can log into your user account at any time through a personal computer, IOS or Android device to view real-time monitoring data or past data, and perform remote settings as needed.
Cooperation between SolaX and Solarity
To continue the enhancement of performance knowledge in order to support our clients, Solarity and SolaX keep close cooperation together. So far, the cooperation with SolaX was based on organising training sessions for our employees. These sessions concerned SolaX products and services. Following this method, we can continuously improve our customer service.
To share our knowledge further, we will also be organising SolaX training to our customers. Currently, we are preparing an exclusive webinar for clients which will take place in November.
Posts you might like
- Solarity Jordan has a new Purchase and Product Specialist
- Fronius Symo GEN24 Plus, a versatile hybrid inverter with integrated backup power function
- How can SMA Webconnect / Speedwire improve the solar service experience?
- SolaX Power system with Energy Storage
- Solarity Jordan offers Fronius System Partner Plus program to its customers